Subject: Fwd: quadras & scsi ID's
To: NetBSD-Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/2002 14:04:02
Riccardo asked:
> it begins from the Booter: which scsi id should I setup?
> it's an external disk and I have no bus selection.
> Or is the second bus utopic?

	The Booter does not currently allow selection of a SCSI bus.

	The MacOS does something tricky, though. If your disk is at ID 4,
and there is no ID 4 on the internal bus, then the SCSI calls to the
MacOS for ID 4 will just work. i.e. the Booter will find and load the
kernel. (note that  have not verified this)

	The problem will be the kernel:
a) Does the kernel have drivers for both busses?
b) Does the kernel have a way of selecting the bus for the root device?

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au    | "Reality is that which,   |
| Telstra iDevelopments, Sydney, Australia |  when you stop believing  |