Subject: Re: disklabelling an ide drive
To: None <schaecsn@gmx.net>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/2002 14:30:48
Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:56:23 -0700, schaecsn <schaecsn@gmx.net> said:

schaecsn> Booting netbsd on the scsi drive I want to disklabel the ide drive.
schaecsn> 1) disklabel wd0 > dl
schaecsn> 2) changing mac partion to 4.2BSD and swap.
schaecsn> 3) disklabel -R -r dl wd0
schaecsn> Bang, from now on I can't access that drive from macos (and from the netbsd booter). When booting macos from the scsi drive I get a warning that the ide "disk is unreadable by this macintosh - do you want to initialize it?".
schaecsn> Even when I skip step 2) above I screw up the partions. How do I properly disklabel that guy?
schaecsn> Any ideas?

It seems that NetBSD disklabel is incompatible to Mac OS disklabel.
Would you execute newfs -I without changing disklabel and pax ... by
your hand?

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp