Subject: sup and packages
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/2002 09:48:48
Hello,

I have a maybe trivial problem using packages and SUP. I never used it. So,
as a FAQ somewhere sayas, I make sup -s -v. It says it checks updates from
Jan 1970 and starts getting the files of what is a sort of database I
understand. Good thing. The bad thing is I am over a mdem and this
operations takes WAY tooooooo long. Maybe it is worsened due to crawling
disk performance under the Quadra840. ANyway fo one reaso (dropping ling) or
another  I abort during the process. But when I reissue the command... it
starts from the beginning again.
Is there a way to resume?
Is there a way to download all files in a bunch and then process them
off-line?

Thanks.
-ric