Subject: Newbie Mac IIsi questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cathryn L. Kliegel <kliegel@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/2002 21:03:57
Hello All:

For my amusement I have a Mac IIsi running NetBSD and want to see how
functional I can make it. So far I have recompiled and installed a new
kernel, and configured it to be happy stand alone on the net. I have a
static IP address, a domain name, and DSL.

So the points where I am stuck at the moment are:

1) A web brouser. I have installed lynx from the pkgsrc, but am unhappy
with it. Both the netscape and mozilla pkgsrc compiles barf and say they
dont support mac68k. What do you use?

2) DNS. I had a simple system up with resolv.conf and it worked. I tried
to setup DNS and it killed my system. Turned it off and it worked. Am
looking into this.

3) Email. Sendmail did not seem to work, it may need DNS to be happy. Am
trying to get qmail up. Any suggestions?

4) Color X11R6. Is there support for internal Mac IIsi video? Would you
like me to put it there? How would I get started?

Any an all help greatfully accepted.

Sincerely,

James