Subject: Re: Packages for 1.6
To: Sebastian <sbrady@cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/2002 01:24:22
Hi,

> I've installed NetBSD 1.6 on my Quadra 700, and it seems to be working fine.
> I'm now wondering where I get packages from to install. I couldn't find them
> where the install manual says: ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6/mac68k
> (IIRC). I tried to install apache from .../packages/1.5/mac68k/All, which
> seemed to work, except when I started apache I got a error about
> libcrypt.o.0.0 (or something like that) being missing. Does this mean that I
> need to build it from source?

Due to the newness of NetBSD 1.6, a bulk package build for 1.6 hasn't been
done yet. However, pkgsrc has just been tagged to stabilise the tree for
1.6, so an m68k bulk build will be started on a fast (68060) m68k machine
very soon (in the next day or two).

In the meanwhile, you'll need to install via source. For a 68040, you can
compile Apache and a few other packages overnight.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs