Subject: Re: comms slot ethernet lc 630
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: roe koe <roekoestroep@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/2002 19:13:58
I'm sorry, but I believe that what I previously stated is not correct. It
looks as if de com-slot Ethernet card keeps it's initialization over
restarts. That's why I kept the comm-slot ethernet connection up and running
under different apple talk configurations. However after really shutting
down the machine, the needed initialization of de card disappeared and
disabled the the comm-slot connection under NetBSD. To get the connection up
once more, I had to reinstall apple talk and choose a network. This is more
or less the behaviour that was stated here in a previous message.

The booter-app hangs when I startup NetBSD with apple talk installed. This
means that I have to boot into Mac OS to choose an apple talk network,
deactivate apple talk and boot into NetBSD. From then on the interface keeps
working as long as I don't shut the machine down; rebooting causes no
problem then, apparently.

Is there a booter-app, or a Mac OS(?) version that cures of the booter-app
from hanging. Now it's virtually impossible to start up the machine without
a keyboard/monitor installed.

Grz, Roelof Jan