Subject: Re: comms slot ethernet lc 630
To: roe koe <roekoestroep@hotmail.com>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/2002 22:48:14
At 12:35 PM -0400 8/18/02, roe koe wrote:
>>From: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
>>To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
>>CC: fredb@immanent.net, roekoestroep@hotmail.com
>>Subject: Re: comms slot ethernet lc 630
>>Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:20:59 +0900
>>
>Hi,
>
>I did not install the ethernet and open transport extensions because I did
>not have enough space on the Mac OS HFS partition. Reinstalling the
>extensions made the comm slot ethernet adapter work fine under NetBSD. It
>was not even necesary to load apple talk or anything else on startup. Just
>installing the extensions did the trick.

This indicates that perhaps somebody should disassemble the ethernet driver
extension and find out what additional initialization is happening so we
can reproduce it for the NetBSD driver.

Clearly this type of initialization will be necessary if we ever support
direct bootinh without MacOS!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org
 "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald