Subject: Re: comms slot ethernet lc 630
To: None <ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/2002 13:17:19
Hi,

From: ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 13:07:44 +0900

> > fredb> It works fine under Mac OS. Under NetBSD it gets one or two packets --
> > fredb> often DHCP works -- but then nothing.
> > Umm.. Please execute netscape and transfer TCP/IP packet
> > in Mac OS, and load NetBSD kernel. What happens?

ngc> I recommend that ones choose a CS Ethernet on "AppleTalk" control panel.
ngc> (this is under Open Transport)
ngc> In AppleTalk, Mac OS certainly need to transmit one or more packets,
ngc> to bind node ID dynamically.
ngc> So, Ethernet interface will be certainly initialized.

Ah. It may be better, but it is not able to enable AppleTalk on
my machine because the one is made clock-up.

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp