Subject: Re: 1.6_BETA4 <--> 1.5.[23] keyboard loss
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2002 18:18:53
On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 05:41 PM, Christian Groessler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's on a Centris 650. On 1.5.2 or 1.5.3 everytime I boot it, the
> keyboard works ok.
>
> With 1.6_BETAx, let's say, only 3 boots of 10 the keyboard works. If
> it doesn't work, keys are not transferred to the system, the kb is
> practically dead, disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't help. I have
> to telnet to the system to shutdown it cleanly.
>
> What can this be?

I've seen this too and have a feeling it is related to mouse movement
while the system is booting.  This used to be a problem years ago.  I
have been using the Apple-B key combination to start the boot process in
the Booter rather than using the mouse on the pull-down menu.  So far
this has worked and I haven't seen any more keyboard hangs but I
wouldn't claim it proves anything.  If it works for others though ....

-bob