Subject: Re: comms slot ethernet lc 630
To: roe koe <roekoestroep@hotmail.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/2002 18:32:46
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, roe koe wrote:

> I'm running NetBSD 1.5.3 on an LC 630, after inserting a real 68040
> processor, scsi disk and two ethernet adapters.
>
> What is the status of support for ethernet cards in the comm slot of this
> LC. The one in the PDS slot is working fine. The one in the comm slot
> appears to be working fine as well when I boot up the machine, but as soon
> as I plug it into a network I get a "sn0 resource descriptors exhausted".

I have a similiar problem with this one:

sm0 at nubus0 slot c: MacCon CS-10T
sm0: SMC91C94/91C96, revision 1, buffer size: 4608
sm0: MAC address 00:94:33:00:01:00, default media UTP

also in the comm slot of a Q630, now running 1.6E. Comm slot support
was only added in 1.5.x, and I guess it's still not quite right. I
haven't worried about it too much, or filed a report, because I too
picked up an PDS slot ethernet card (which works fine).

Frederick