Subject: Re: Nubus card debugging
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/2002 15:14:48
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Unfortunately, Apple never made it available as pdf file. On the other
> hand, pdfs suck on-screen...

:-)  I'm curious.  What particular aspect of viewing pdfs sucks on-screen?
We've heard that from a number of developers, and we're (perpetually)
trying to analyze what sorts of things developers find useful about our
documentation and what things need improvement.

Does the text look bad or the graphics? (Or both?)  Do certain docs look
better than others?  Certain graphics?  Certain tables?  Is the problem
mainly one of navigation difficulty, of display quality/readability, of
the interface presented by the PDF viewer, or something else entirely?

The answers to those questions will help us in making docs that are more
usable in the future.  Feel free to email me off-list with comments to
avoid cluttering the mail list discussion with this topic.  :-)

Thanks,
David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net
Developer Docs Writer                             dgatwood@apple.com