Subject: Re: NetBSD for Powerbook 145
To: Smith Family <smithrus@hutchtel.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/2002 16:38:21
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Smith Family wrote:

>     The only kernel I can use with the 145 is the powerbook145.tgz kernel in
> /arch/test/powerbooks. Can I still do what you described? I'm not to
> experienced with NetBSD.

Do you mean this one?

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/test/PowerBook/kern-PB145.tgz

I've repacked it as

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/test/PowerBook/netbsd-PB145.gz

so you can copy it into the Booter folder. (The Booter only does
gzipped and plain, the installer only does tarred and gzipped.)

One of the problems with 68030's has been fixed in current and
netbsd-1-6, by the way (but it evidently missed the cut for Steve's
last snapshot). The only possible remaining issue is FPSP vs. 68030,
which is "fixable" via configuring a kernel without FPSP -- no patches
required.

Frederick