Subject: Re: reporting problems with 1.6beta
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/2002 13:32:30

>It does look like a bug in g++. The typical "fix", if you want to take
>a stab at it yourself, is to patch the package's makefile to build
>that one file with "-O", and document it in doc/HACKS (so it can be
>removed when the compiler is fixed, someday).

I found the Makefile, but I couldn't see a likely place to add -O (I
haven't progressed beyond fortran).

>It's also looks wierd to me, that the make system is compiling a
>cplusplus file with "cc". I wonder if it would help to use "c++" or
>"g++"? Even if you don't want to tackle the make system, you could
>descend into the build directory, call "cc" or "c++" directly with the
>apropriate arguments to build that one file (whatever works), then
>resume the build at the pkgsrc level. If that gets a you working
>package, it would be pertinent information for the PR.

I replaced "cc" in the offending line with both "c++" and "g++", but
neither worked. I put in a pr to pkg about the problem.

--
Tom Jernigan,  jernigantc@ornl.gov
presently at General Atomics in San Diego, Bldg 13/551