Subject: Re: reporting problems with 1.6beta
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/2002 14:07:59
--EE8jvUPYYQjJtG7J

[Please don't include me privately on posts to mailing lists; I
assure you I do read the mailing list.]

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:05:17AM -0700, Tom Jernigan wrote:
> At 1:44 PM -0400 7/11/02, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:41:11AM -0700, Tom Jernigan wrote:
> >> Sorry, that shows you what a unix dummy I am. I did use pkgsrc, I was
> >> trying to say I didn't try to install it by pkg_add.
> >
> >If pkgsrc is broken, then definitely submit a PR against the package.
> >(NOT against toolchain, in that case.)
> >
> Since it worked successfully in 1.5, do I put in a PR against 1.6 beta al=
so?

It worked successfully in 1.5 because we use a different version of
gcc there. Changing the package to accomodate the newer gcc won't
break interoperability with the old one, so it's a hack that should
just go in pkgsrc (which isn't tied to any specific version of
NetBSD).

Granted, gcc should be fixed, but that's a much more complicated
task.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net