Subject: Sonnet Presto
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/2002 17:42:48
Machine: IIci 32 MB Radius 24AC + accellerator (see below
Software: NetBSD 1.5.2  booter 1.11.4a3

I received my Sonnet Presto 040 last week, (to hopefully be faster than
the Daystar 030/050 which does work btw), but I haven't gotten it to work.

Did somebody already try this (I'm aware of the 040 in a 030 warning)

If I boot without software, the accel seems to be disabled.

If I add the software (and extension called presto and a mysterious Virtual
040 file, then it hangs on the Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
0x0 }.

If I boot without extensions then, the machine boots, but is at a painful
25 MHz again.

- Is there any hope in getting the Presto running?
- Can I gather some info for interested developers, if so how?
    (Note that I could get the machine 'Net connected with extensions
	turned off. So the Presto would be in the machine "sleeping)
- Any point in trying newer NetBSD/booter versions?

P.s.
If one loads the software for the Daystar, the problem is the same btw, but
that one functions without software.