Subject: Tutorial for stripping down MacOS
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Simone Caronni <slaanesh@fastwebnet.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/2002 18:42:41
Hello, does someone know how to strip MacOS down removing finder etc.
and just leaving the booter? I'm not able to get a set of new MacOS
disks here, and trying to mess with the system might not be a good idea,
  if I make a mistake I could not do much to recover.

On www.macunix.net:8000 there's a 1mb MacOS image with Finder replaced
by Booter, but I don't know how to substitute it with the current MacOS
installation. Is it possible to delete all partitions and leaving about
5mb on the first disk for the Booter + kernels without having the
original install disks at hand?.. Isn't possible to put it in a floppy?

Another question, on Apple's ftp there are many MacOS revisions for 68k
available for download, but they're all huge non-bootable images zipped
in small pieces. Does anyone have images of the original installation
media at hand?

Please help, I'm used to many systems, architectures and oses but MacOS
7-8 sucks badly, I just hate it.

Please CC me as I'm not on the mailing list.

Many Thanks, keep up the great work you've done 'til now.

Simone