Subject: Re: SE/30: Ethernet Vs Accellerator
To: Andy Ball" , "NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Bartlett <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/2002 00:06:06
>Has anyone here heard of this kind of conflict?  40MHz
>SE/30 Macs sound like potentially useful NetBSD boxes.

It depends on the accelerator. Some of them have a pass thru connector to
let you connect the Ethernet card to it. Others do not have that passed
port, and so end up being the only item that can be installed in the PDS
slot. I don't know if the Daystar will let you piggy back or not (should
be obvious upon looking at it)

However, even if you can't piggy back the ethernet card to the
accelerator, you may be able to use a SCSI to Ethernet box connected to
the SCSI port on the back (do these work with NetBSD?)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>