Subject: Re: SE/30: Ethernet Vs Accellerator
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@belle.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/2002 12:20:32
Hello,

At 10:40 PM -0400 02.7.5, Andy Ball wrote:
>Has anyone here heard of this kind of conflict?  40MHz
>SE/30 Macs sound like potentially useful NetBSDboxes.

I've been working on an SE/30 with a Daystar 030/50MHz accelerator and an
Asante ethernet card. It works fine with NetBSD.
However, please pay attention on the power consumption. If you install a
large HDD with too much power consumption, your SE/30 won't work. If so,
try an external HDD.

--
Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Department of Medical Informatics / First Department of Medicine