Subject: Re: Random Illegal instruction while running 1.5.2 on IIci
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/2002 18:36:59
>>>>> "Frederick" == Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> writes:

 Frederick> Try building a kernel without "options FPSP", and booting
 Frederick> from that. You might as well comment out "options
 Frederick> FPU_EMULATE", too, while you're at it. I believe there is a
 Frederick> problem with FPSP on non-68040 Macs: it looks to me as if
 Frederick> any floating point exception will lead to execution of FPSP
 Frederick> code, which contains 68040X floating point instructions,
 Frederick> some of which are illegal on 68882.

Ok, been there, done that, the box seems to behave smoothly now.

Thanks for your help

Eric Masson

--
 Je suis branché via cable, je ne peut donc pas accéder au minitel;
 quelqu'un pourrait-il déposer pour moi un message sur une BAL