Subject: Current state of native boot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lincoln and Jodi Rutledge <rutledge_almostaranch@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/2002 09:31:18
I've been scouring the archive (was given Quadra 610,
new to Mac world) and took note that having a native
boot option has been discussed and worked on, with
ROMs disassembled etc for SEVEN YEARS.  What is the
current status, and does anybody still care?
Coming from the i386 world, I am used to being able to
boot from LAN, floppy, disk, cd...  I understand that
the difference is that the Apple hardware is
unsupported, dropped and largely undocumented.
I'm interested in messing around with it just for the
hack value, since I am a sucker for cheap/free/broken
stuff that is hard to get working...
Would anybody care to send me a message, or maybe just
stick an update on the site?

Thanks,

Lincoln Rutledge