Subject: Re: Apache shutdown
To: Chris Bartlett <cb@mythtech.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/2002 15:29:39
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> My problem is, stopping it. If I issue the 'apachectl stop' command, it
> reports that there is no PID file so httpd isn't running. However, there
> IS a pid file (I can see it, I can read it). And a 'ps -a' shows httpd as
> running. The error_log doesn't show any attempt to shut it down (I
> already have it set to debug level logging).

Sounds like either the paths used for the PID file are mismatched between
the main apache binary and apachectl or possibly that the binaries
themselves are mismatched.  By any chance did you install one version of
apache over another existing one?  If so, and if apachectl changed
directories, you might be running an old apachectl.  Just a thought.

David

Hmm.  Odd.  Where did my signature go?