Subject: pppd bug?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ohnyo <ohnyo@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/2002 15:16:12
 Hello! I am quite new to NetBSD.

 I have Quadra 800 with NetBSD 1.5.2. and PowerBook 1400 with MacOS 8.1.
 Since my AAUI Ethernet adopter broke, I am trying to use serial LAN
instead. But there is a problem that seems to be a bug.

 I made a new user "ppp" and set as followed:

ppp::1002:7::0:0:ppp user:/etc/ppp:/etc/ppp/passive.sh

and set password to "NetBSD". "passive.sh" is

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/sbin/pppd nodefaultroute netmask 255.255.255.0 passive
192.168.0.1:192.168.0.2

and I chmod it to 755 and added it to /etc/shells

Then, I connected from PB 1400 installed FreePPP Using Terminal Window.

 When I login in the terminal window  of FreePPP, passive.sh is successfully
run, but it says it requires authentification file because it *DOES* have a
default route to the internet.

 Why "nodefaultroute" is ignored? /etc/network or other files must be
changed?

 This method is shown in a book published in Japan and must be available in
NetBSD 1.3.1/1.4(I have not still tested yet).

---Aki Ohnyo <ohnyo@mac.com>