Subject: Re: my first mac68k asm program...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/2002 12:27:04
Marco van de Voort wrote:

> You'll be able to return the favour, don't worry :-)
>
> I'll be trying to port our compiler (Free Pascal) to NetBSD/m(ac)68k, and
> only have some very basic m68k assembler skills:-)

I also only have very basic m68k skills. But if you have problems I'll
try to help.

> > But now I encounter another problem: gdb breakpoints don't work:
>
> Hmm, odd. Maybe it doesn't work for entry points.

Yes, this was it. With the following change the breakpoint works:

_start:
        nop

break_adr:
        pea     mlen

But gdb crashes later :-(

mac68k:~/nethome/devel/asm/simple/m68k-nbsd$ gdb ./ahello1
GNU gdb 5.0nb1
This GDB was configured as "m68k--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) break break_adr
Breakpoint 1 at 0x20ae
(gdb) r
Starting program: /net/sol/home/chris/devel/asm/simple/m68k-nbsd/./ahello1

Breakpoint 1, 0x20ae in break_adr ()
(gdb) inf reg
d0             0x0      0
d1             0x0      0
d2             0x0      0
d3             0x0      0
d4             0x0      0
d5             0x0      0
d6             0x0      0
d7             0x0      0
a0             0x0      0x0
a1             0x0      0x0
a2             0xffffcff0       0xffffcff0
a3             0x0      0x0
a4             0x0      0x0
a5             0x0      0x0
fp             0x0      0x0
sp             0xffffcb38       0xffffcb38
ps             0x0      0x0
pc             0x20ae   0x20ae
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

regards,