Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/2002 13:56:41
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Michael R. Zucca wrote:
>
> > I contacted NEC via their web site, and after a couple of days, got a
> > message back that the part was discontinued, and the data sheet was only
> > available in Japanese.  I told them that there were people who spoke
> > Japanese working on the project and asked for one, and they got back to me
> > with it a few days later (while I was on vacation last week).
>
> Wow! That's great! I submitted two requests to the NEC website. The
> first one they asked again what part number I wanted and then they never
> got back to me. The second time I got no response at all. :(

Guess the Apple.com email address gets a little more attention.  :-)

> > Ken, would you like to take this on?
>
> I also know a little bit of Japanese from college. So if you could send
> a copy my way, I'd appreciate it!

Sure.  I'll email it to both of you.  Anybody have Ken's address?

David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net
Developer Docs Writer                             dgatwood@apple.com
Apple Computer                                  dgatwood@mklinux.org