Subject: Re: Accelerators in IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/2002 14:57:35
> > I've a Mac IIci, and picked up some Daystar 50 MHz 68030 card.
> >
> > I plugged it in, (nothing else, so no MacOS extensions) and I see the CPU
> > delay factor double (compared to dmesg output I piped to file before).
> > I also see the pram address change, and nothing else in the kernel output?
>
> You need the Daystar Power Central control panel to enable cache and
> accelerated FPU functions (without which you will not get the full
> speed benefit). However, you will also need to patch the kernel to use
> the new cache, or it will hang during boot.

Ok. I tried to sup (like on my other NetBSD boxes), but that failed. So I
looked at the date, and it was grossly wrong (1934, dead battery?)

I tried to set it to 2002 something using DATE, but then the machine stopped
responding to pings/network for say 10-20 seconds. The second time I tried,
the machine didn't come back at all.

IIRC ntpd is turned on in rc.conf, but timeserver was not configured yet.

(I can't reboot it, since I'm at work atm).

The machine was already noticably faster btw.

P.s. isn't the supported hardware page updated anymore?