Subject: Re: Slow SSH connection
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Chris Bartlett <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/2002 00:53:30
>I don't have a machine capable to run OSX ( it won't run any good on my
>dual 604e )

I think Other World Computing has a patch that will let you install OS X
on older 604 based machines.

> but I could test
>MacOS 8.6 if that would be any help.

Nah, I know it works ok running on PPC apps (MacSSH and Nifty Telnet SSH)
under OSes prior to X.

>Maybe SSH consumes lots of bandwidth when connecting and your internet
>connection is slow ? I didn't really try that, only ISDN -> university ->
>Sun-in-uni-network. What's about your ping time ? DSL seems to be
>notorious for long latencies, maybe SSH doesn't like that.

Normally my connection on both ends is pretty solid with low ping times.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>