Subject: Re: sysinst fix
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/2002 10:12:07
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Bob Nestor wrote:

> I tried to send this out yesterday but it doesn't appear to have made it
> so I'll try again today.  My apologies if this is a duplicate message.

> BTW, these changes were made on -current source and tested on a
> 1.6_Beta1 system.

How did you cut this diff? It doesn't apply cleanly against today's
current source tree, even if I supply the full path at the prompt:

fredb@tautology-> pwd
/s/src-current
fredb@tautology-> patch -p1 <~/sysinst-patches
Hmm...  Looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------

|*** disksubr.c Fri Jun 14 18:41:32 2002
|--- disksubr.c_orig    Fri Jun 14 18:09:48 2002
--------------------------
File to patch: sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/disksubr.c
Patching file sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/disksubr.c using Plan A...
(Fascinating--this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hunk #1 failed at 554.
Hunk #2 failed at 601.
2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/disksubr.c.rej

The snide comments are from "patch", not me. Could you please
regenerate with "cvs", E.g:

	cd /usr/src
	cvs -q diff sys/arch/mac68k distrib/utils/sysinst \
		>  ~/sysinstall.diff

(Note the "." suffix, which means that folks with mime-aware mail
readers won't have to save the mime attachment to a file to read it.
Even better, just read it into the body of the email.)

Frederick