Subject: Re: Installing software in package form
To: Chris Bartlett <cb@mythtech.net>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/2002 20:31:30
> But when I then follow directions to start them, both won't start. In
> both cases, the command I am told to type to start the system comes back
> as "Command not found". For instance, for starting Apache, the Apache.org
> site says to type PREFIX/bin/apachect1 start. So I type
> "/usr/pkg/bin/apachect1 start" and I get the command not found error.

Are you sure it's "apachect1" (ends with a one) and not "apachectl" (ends with
an L)?

Did you try the Netatalk package, also? It works great on my IIci, so I
can vouch that it installs/works/does wonderfully :-)

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Backup not found. Abort, Retry, Vomit, Panic, Write Resume File? -----------