Subject: Re: newbie trouble with vi
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/2002 21:22:18
 > ok... I hate to ask this, because it isn't really a mac68k question...
 > but I am trying to get mac68k working, so I guess it is half on topic.

 [[disclaimer generic NetBSD knowledge, not necessarily mac68k]

 You probably didn't edit rc.conf after installing, and now booted into
 single user mode.

 1) mount your fs RW with " mount -rw /"
 2) mount other necessary partitions.
 3) edit the files you want to edit.
 4) any spelling errors in this text are not due exxcessive use of a certain
 liquid called "Hoegaarden"

 P.s. I got a second HD today, and I tested my hypothesis with the 1 GB
 barrier. Strangely it doesn't seem to apply to my second HD.

 P.s. 2   Apple HD setup seems to partition from high cylinders towards low
 cylinder. IOW if you create a partition of X MB, it will be from disksize-X
 till disksize.