Subject: Re: booter freezes on SE/30
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/2002 14:26:28
At 10:18 PM -0400 6/6/02, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:18:39PM -0400, Jim Balhoff wrote:
>>  Hi - thanks for the reply!  I have tried Booter 2.0alpha at the
>>  suggestion of Bernd Sieker, with the same result - MacOS freeze.
>
>Just so it's clear, this is absolutely the last thing that the
>Booter does before Mac OS disappears. (Way back when, I never quite
>saw the entirety of that message. Who is the source of that, btw?).

It dates all the way back to the original Alice group at VA Tech.
Mid-'90s I believe.  Allan Briggs is the only member of that group
still active here.  His response is too modest.

The first generally available post-Alice release was around NetBSD
0.8 or so when Linux still didn't work well.  The port was started on
A/UX using pre-BSD4.4 source code.