Subject: Re: booter freezes on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/07/2002 00:43:30
On 06.06.02, 09:26:54, Jim Balhoff wrote:

> minimal System 7.1 with only the MODE32 extension.  After launching the
> booter app, I set it to single-user mode and chose Boot now...
> Here is where the trouble begins:
> It prints:
> Booting...transparent = 1
> MID_M68K executable: entry 0x2e00
> 1806668+100204+227448+208980+209617
> Attempting to kill all running programs...
> 	Bye-bye...
> 		So I sez to him... The real way
> 		that it should be done is to...
>
> Here the computer freezes with MacOS still onscreen showing the above text in
> the booter window.  I have tried Booter 1.11.4a3 and 1.11.3.  I searched the

Try the booter 2.0alpha, it is available at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/installation/misc/

I also had trouble booting custom kernels on my Quadra 650, although
the generic 1.5.x kernel booted fine, with booter 1.

The old booter versions will, I think, not boot elf kernels (1.6+) at
all.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD is full. Go away.