Subject: Re: booter freezes on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/2002 22:28:03
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:18:50PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Just so it's clear, this is absolutely the last thing that the
> Booter does before Mac OS disappears. (Way back when, I never quite
> saw the entirety of that message. Who is the source of that, btw?).

The "So I sez to him..." ?
Ummm...  I think that originated with me, based on whatever it was that
the A/UX launcher said.  IIRC, it was late one morning (or something
like that ;-) when we got to that point in hacking together the booter.
It seemed appropriate to have it say something.  :-)

The boot stopping right there is indicative of something being slightly
scrambled.  If you've got MODE32 set to 32-bit mode and the other stuff,
it's a bit curious.

When you installed MacOS, did you install a minimal system, or the more
generic "for any Macintosh model" ?  Is that still an issue, guys ?  It
at least used to be that a minimal MacOS install was insufficient to
get the system booting properly.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...