Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/2002 06:34:53
> I don't think the 6502's get reset on NetBSD boot, but I'll bet there's a
> way to reset them so they load a new "kernel". Looking at the MacOS System
> file you can see resources called "iopc" which contain 6502 assembly.
> Somebody with good 6502 knowlege should be able to disassemble these and
> figure out how they work.

Which system version? I'll get out my disassembler and take a look.

6502s, when they get reset (at least in a normal 6502 -- don't know if
Apple has altered this), grab their reset vector from $fffc in their
addressing space. Once someone figures out how they can be reset,
redirecting them to custom code is straight-forward by just making this
vector point somewhere else. Same thing for IRQs and NMIs.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but I'm stuck in the fourth lotus position." -