Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/2002 19:34:28
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

> 	With sufficient documentation of the interface,
> it may indeed be unnecessary, but:
>
> 1) If we ever get native bootloading going, the MacOS will
>    never have run, which means those 6502 will be empty

Since Mac OS boots from devices that are IOP-controlled, I strongly
suspect those 6502s are loaded with the IOP kernel before you'd get
loaded.  I certainly don't know for sure, but the odds are in favor of it.

> 2) What happens if something somehow resets the 6502?
>    I would imagine that the loaded program goes away.

No idea if that's even possible.  Dunno.

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net
Developer Docs Writer                             dgatwood@apple.com