Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/2002 17:16:39
               Commendation     David A. Gatwood
               ------------     ----------------

I hope that one of the responsible recipients sends a copy of something
appropriate to Mr. Gatwood's personnel file at Apple.

I've been watching the complaints about inane or anal hardware spec
protectiveness in various venues for years.  It certainly seems to me that
David's suggestions and help on this brings Apple into higher repute
and surely acts to raise the value of the installed base of Apple hardware
which in turn must serve the corporation well in the long term.

This is a comparatively small thing but the ramifications may be wonderful.

As well, doesn't getting hardware working raise our affinities for Macs,
with consequent good influences into various other adjacent domains
(there's a better way to say that isn't there?).

Commendations to Mr. Gatwood.  Maybe soon we'll have a floppy drive.

Ken Hughes
Vancouver, B.C.