Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/2002 11:47:26
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Nyef wrote:

> > > Okay. I just called it SWIM mode because it was new to the SWIM chip and
> > > none of the documentation I could find even _mentioned_ a mode switch.
> >
> > Heh.  Well, the chip isn't exactly documented....
>
> My point exactly. ^_-

Would you like documentation?  :-)

What I have: IWM, SWIM, SWIM II, and SWIM III ERS docs, an old 6502
assembly driver for IWM (with comments), and probably some other stuff,
but I'll need to go through it and see how much of that I can send, since
third party hardware docs could be involved.  Basically, it's about a 3"
3-ring binder full of really crusty old docs.

I just spoke with someone in Apple Legal, and got clearance to make a copy
and mail it to someone.  I just need to know to whom I should send it.
(If you need to make copies for a small number of people, that's okay, but
I can only send out one copy for obvious cost reasons. :-)  Talk amongst
yourselves.

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net