Subject: Re: Mac OS Installer vs. sysinst
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/2002 20:16:30
On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 07:43 PM, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

>> Someone must have changed things then.  The original code didn't do
>> this and all the tests I ran were on disks with HFS partitions that
>> were displayed so they could be selected by the user.  I've installed
>> with sysinst without destroying my displayed HFS partitions.
>>
>> -bob
>
> Not lately.  I just ran an install from sysinst two weeks and it didn't
> destroy my HFS partition.  This was on a IIci.

Well something is different.  I just downloaded the 1.5.2 installation
kernel to test this out.  It did display my HFS partitions along with my
NetBSD ones.  I deleted my NetBSD partitions and reallocated them
because I know this will cause the Partition Map to be rewritten.  When
it did this it did in fact screw up the map and destroyed my bootable
HFS partition.  This always worked for me on this disk before, so
something is different.  Guess I have another thing to play with this
weekend.

-bob