Subject: Re: Whatever happened to Color X11?
To: Frederick Bruckman , Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/2002 20:15:49
--On Thursday, May 23, 2002 18:17 -0500 Frederick Bruckman
<fredb@immanent.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Bernd Sieker wrote:
>
>> I browsed through the mailing list archive and found an old (2000) by
>> someone claiming that he was ready to commit color code to the
>> Xserver.
>>
>> What became of that? Was it integrated? Is a snapshot available? Is it
>> compatible with 1.5?
>
> Look here
>
>     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/contrib/Xmac68kColor/
>
> The binary is reported to work with 1.5 (+ 1.4.3 libraries), and it's
> reported to build under current, but no one's really doing anything
> with it.

There's also:

        ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/mac68k_Xservers/

which may be the same binaries as the ones Frederick mentions. I'm using
this one on two Quadra 840AVs, one under 1.5, the other under a recent ELF
snapshot in a.out compatibility mode. Some day I hope get around to
building an ELF binary as and educational exercise.... 8*)

Mark