Subject: Toolchain support (was Re: Setting up a network adaptor)
To: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/2002 16:37:11
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:27:27PM +0200, Alexander Klein wrote:
> I hope you are right, but then again, every release I tried lately warned
> against our platform being unsupported in certain subdirectories, and
> everything beyond 2.95.3 blew up while bootstrapping, anyway.

NetBSD will be properly supported in future toolchains.  I think the one
processor/platform that's an exception now is pc532.  m68k shouldn't be
a problem.  We're trying to ensure that the toolchain in NetBSD does not
diverge from the gnu sources.  This was part of the motivation for moving
to ELF, actually...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...