Subject: Re: Setting up a network adaptor
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/2002 22:23:38
Hi,

At 16:54 Uhr +0200 21.05.2002, John Klos wrote:

>By PDS you are talking about the NuBus / PDS slot in the Performa 475 type
>machines?

Yes. :)

>Well, recompiling the kernel to slim it down never hurts, but they will
>work without doing anything (except ifconfig, of course!)

Indeed, they did. Once I had found out how to set up the host address, it
was only about ten minutes work.

I'm curious how long it will take to get NFS up and running.

>I have many Quadra 605 / Performa 475 machines. They are excellent,
>overclock easily to 40 MHz, and now I've found a cheap source of 64 meg
>SIMMs. Interested in learning more?

Well, why not, maybe I can use the information in the future, however, I
don't think that going from 33MHz to 40MHz will help the performance
significantly.

Thank you!

	Alex