Subject: Setting up a network adaptor
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/2002 14:29:22
Hi,

just a few days ago, a friend of mine gave me some old Asante Ethernet
adaptors for PDS.

Assuming they are not broken: Should they work right out of the box, or do
I have to recompile the kernel or something?

Right now, I use my P475 as a development platform, but as the C++ code
grew, it became a real pain to work with. Consequently, networking with the
475 as a combination of NFS-Server, X-Terminal, and Platform for C
programming would be very tempting.

Thank you in advance,

	Alex

P.s.: Isn't it sad that the 3.1 release of GCC declared 68k platforms
obsolete? Not that it would matter that much, but I think that 68k had one
of the coolest assembly languages there ever was.