Subject: Re: TCP/IP over Appletalk/Localtalk when running NetBSD?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/2002 10:41:08
I'll second that.

I have an Asante Localtalk bridge (I don't remember
exactly what the product name was).  It's a little cigarette pack-sized
widget that has Ethernet on one side and Localtalk on the other.
I've used it to effectively give ethernet capability to my non-ethernet
machines/devices.  It seems to work flawlessly with filesharing and
printing.  Appletalk is all I've used, though so I can't say anything
about IP encap.

My file server (NetBSD 1.5.2 MacPPC) runs netatalk (asun 2.1.3), and
the appletalk file server also runs well.  (I don't use the printing)

-dgl-