Subject: Re: Installing Snapshot
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/10/2002 18:32:41
On Fri, 10 May 2002, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> So I went to install the latest snapshot on an external drive on my
> Q610.  Got all the files including the v2.0.0 booter onto a CD.  Put
> this booter on my 610 and attempted to boot the install kernel.  No
> Go!!  I ended up with this error from the booter:
> Failed to set kernel symbol _boothowto

The kernel was inadvertently stripped. The snapshot mechanism has now
been fixed to make an exception for mac68k (and not do that). So, you
could either go with an older snapshot, or wait for a newer one.

Tell you what -- I built one yesterday, but haven't had a chance to
test it yet. I'll put it up now (and remove the old broken one, too).
ETA about 7:00pm Chicago time.

Frederick