Subject: Re: Big Simm.
To: Dan Smith <scannall@quik.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/2002 15:38:46
Hi,

> I have a 475 that's been chugging away nonstop for a few years now. (With a
> full 040). I noticed a pretty cool product and was wondering if anyone on
> the list knew if it worked with NetBSD. It's 64 and 128 meg simms made for
> the older Macs. They're at http://www.micromac.com/products/bigsimms.html

Those SIMMs are supposed to be "special" so they work where other 64 and
128 meg SIMMs don't, but that's not applicable to the Quadra 605 / 475;
I've been using a standard 64 meg SIMM in one for ages, and I've tested
a standard 128 meg SIMM, too. No problems.

I don't know which Quadras won't take 64 or 128 meg SIMMs by default, but
I'd be interested in finding out.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs
--
A student, in hopes of understanding the Lambda-nature, came to
Greenblatt.  As they spoke a Multics system hacker walked by.  "Is it