Subject: Re: Drive Partitioning
To: Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2002 18:16:23
There is Apple specific information in the disk ROM that HD SC Setup
looks for.  Probably stored in Mode Page 0 which is reserved for vendor
unique information.

You can read and dump the Mode Pages on SCSI devices and even modify
some of the parameters with the right utility. FreeBSD and OpenBSD have
a utility called "scsi" that does this.  I've got a current version
running on NetBSD. If anyone wants the sources I have them at:

    ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/scsi.tgz

-bob