Subject: Re: Drive Partitioning
To: Randy Grafton <rgrafton@indatacorp.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2002 14:08:06
> running the HD SC utility from a boot cd. When I look at the properties for
> the hard drive it shows that a FWB driver is loaded. If I proceed with a
> straight forward Mac OS install everything goes fine. Any ideas how I can
> reclaim this drive so that I can move forward with a NetBSD install?

1) Unplug the power cable going to the hard drive
2) Boot off of the CD
3) After booting is complete, plug the power cable into the hard drive
4) Run Apple HD SC

This works most of the time. Otherwise, you can bring the drive to another
computer with SCSI and perform a low level format (should be easy on an
Amiga or a PC running NetBSD).

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs
--
A student, in hopes of understanding the Lambda-nature, came to
Greenblatt.  As they spoke a Multics system hacker walked by.  "Is it