Subject: Re: Drive Partitioning
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Grafton <rgrafton@indatacorp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2002 09:42:21
"Randy Grafton" <rgrafton@indatacorp.com> writes:
<
< When I try to use the Apple HD SC utility to partition the drive I get a
< message that says the process was unable to unmount the drive because a
file
< may be in use. This same message comes up when I try to initialize the
drive

Are you unmounting the drive _before_ running the formatter?

Mark Geary

I am dragging the drive to the trash before attempting to run the Apple
utility.
If I put this drive into a non-Apple system and re-format it, can I bring it
back to the Quadra and use the  Apple HD SC utility or will I have totally
messed things up?
-Randy