Subject: Drive Partitioning
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Grafton <rgrafton@indatacorp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2002 07:56:32
I got my hands on a Quadra 800. The system came with a 500MB hard drive that
has a sticker on it displaying the Apple logo and 'EPROM 1992'. The company
that I bought the system from wiped the drive clean before selling it to me.
When I try to use the Apple HD SC utility to partition the drive I get a
message that says the process was unable to unmount the drive because a file
may be in use. This same message comes up when I try to initialize the drive
or remove the existing Mac partition. The drive is completely empty and I am
running the HD SC utility from a boot cd. When I look at the properties for
the hard drive it shows that a FWB driver is loaded. If I proceed with a
straight forward Mac OS install everything goes fine. Any ideas how I can
reclaim this drive so that I can move forward with a NetBSD install?

Thanks!
-Randy