Subject: Re: value of Powerbook 520 and 540c?
To: Brendan Burns <bburns@wso.williams.edu>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/2002 21:54:56
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Brendan Burns wrote:

> Jeremy,
> The PowerBook 520 doesn't have an FPU and the 68LC040 in them is buggy, s=
> floating point emulation doesn't work.  (at least last I tried on mine) s=
> NetBSD doesn't really run.  The linux folks seem to indicate that it work=
> for them though I haven't tried...
>=20
> The PowerBook 540c does have an FPU so NetBSD ought to run fine.

To my knowledge the 540C has also a 68LC040 like the 520, the difference
is the clock speed (33MHz external, internal 66MHz). The only classic
PowerBook with full featured CPU is the 550. The CPUs are soldered, so no
easy exchange.

=09Regards
        J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg