Subject: Minimal installation of NetBSD + MySQL
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schenkel <jan.schenkel@pandora.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/2002 09:38:41
Hi all,

The old Mac IIci is happily ziping along, sharing internet access for my gf
and myself. I haven't had any problem with it (well, none that were actually
related to the server, no matter how often my gf thought they were because
this or that thing didn't work, claiming it was because we were behind a
firewall)

At any rate, I've got a question now regarding MySQL and a minimal
installation of NetBSD to properly run it. At work, I'm testing a new
development tool called Runtime Revolution, to see if it can replace the old
FoxPro environment we're still using.
In order to test the database connectivity, I need to setup a simple SQL
server, and I was thinking of dragging that old MacIIsi out of the closet
and setting it up for exactly that purpose. It has 14 MB ram and a 180 MB
scsi-hard disk.

So my question is, what would be the minimal install/config of NetBSD needed
to have this puppy storing and serving data over our local network to my
development machine ?

Looking forward to your helpful answers,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."
(De Rochefoucald)